Welcome to our website !

BECOME MINIMALIST

By 07:47

« The more you know, the less you need. »
Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia
patagonia-live-simply-logo
So you understand where I'm going, here are some "Fun facts":
  • I am 30 and I have no furniture. If I have to move tomorrow I just have to fill a suitcase with my clothes, my sports business, my computer and my camera and go on my bike.
  • I do not have a car, nor my driver's license. I find that cars are an incredible source of pollution, either in their manufacture or use, and although I understand that they may be necessary in some cases, it is not mine (after all I live Paris).
  • I give most of the gifts I get. I refuse proposals brands send me their product, simply because I would not be in the utility. In the opposite case, I use them and then gives.
  • I also give most of my books once they are complete if I did not reread the account. And to simplify my library, I thank my friends for giving me a  Kindle.
  • When I go on vacation, I take the bare minimum and I usually bought on the spot all products that cost me less than 20 € (so I never trimballe shower gel, shampoo, etc ...). I also avoid to bring more than what I have won.
  • I almost never make up me so I just used the blush and concealer. This is a time saver and money pretty amazing.
  • My fridge contains no condiment and only what to eat for the day. Since I am often outside, I avoid buying foods that will eventually expire.
  • There is a maximum of 5 large icons on the desktop of my computer, that allow me to access my critical files (Labour, Blog, school, Administrative, Sport) All the icons on my iPhone fit on a single screen so that I do not have to constantly slider when I search something.
In short, I attach very little importance to things. It has not always been the case, and I just learned to love "having less". Because possessions are not what defines us as a person, and that, in my experience, people tend to over-consume / accumulate may not be very happy in their lives.
« The things you own end up owning you. » – Tyler Durden
I have taken time to understand it and it is a daily struggle not buy what I do not need in a society that grows to overconsumption and debt permanently. If you want to access a more minimalist lifestyle, here's what I started with:
1. Stop buying unnecessary things
You need food and water to live. The rest is often incidental.
2. Sorting
If necessary, see "The Magic of  storage" before, then get rid of that clutter your life and your brain. Whether in your clothes, your papers, your cookware: choose category and sort the objects.Once finished, you will pass to the next.
3. Nothing in the ground, nothing on tables, on shelves or key counters
Do not clutter of boxes, trinkets or coins (or worse, a storage tray): let breathe your living space!
4. Be aware that this is an everyday work
I think if I can be productive and do as many things in my day, it's because I do not burden myself with useless things. My apartment is quickly stowed, quickly made my dishes, I have no excuses to procrastinate and I do not feel trapped in my possessions. But I think every day to further simplify and I carefully weigh each of my purchases because without it I can easily fall into the primary consumerism😉
« Fuck off with your sofa units and strine green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let…lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may. » – Tyler Durden

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires